Monday, January 26, 2015

Celebrate Baby!

It's Monday and time for the Monday Lunchtime Sketch Challenge from Techno Stamper.  I love Mary Jo's sketch for this week, it has so many possibilities!

I made a card with the fun new set Celebrate Today.  I really love this set, you have sooooo many design options!! For today, I went with a baby card.


How sweet is this?!!  I pulled my color inspiration from the Best Year Ever Designer Series Paper in the Sale-a-bration Catalog.  Not only is the paper gorgeous, but it's FREE too!  I started out with a Pool Party card base and a layer of designer paper.

Another layer of Pool Party became the basis of the focal point.  I sponged stars with the star decorative mask to give a soft pattern behind the balloon.  The So Saffron balloon was die cut with the matching framelit (gotta love that!) and stamped with mini stars.  As I've said before, photopolymer is my new favorite style of stamp because you can SEE where you STAMP!!  It made stamping the stars on this balloon a piece of cake!  I added a fun banner and twine to make the balloon perfect.

 The sentiment came from Big News.  I wanted something larger to cover the banner.  I went subtle and used Sahara Sand cardstock and stamped with Crumb Cake ink.  A couple of candy dots at each end completed the look.  Lastly, a twine bow was added along the bottom of the card.  The best part about this card, you can change up the paper and colors easily, you could even change up the sentiments. How awesome is that!  I am going to have to sit down and make baby girl cards, birthday and wedding cards in the same fun design.  It will be easy to do since I have the layout ready to go!

Now, how about a little more inspiration?  Just pop on over to Techno Stamper for more cards from the Design Team.  I hope you will join the challenge as well and make a card with us this week!

Mary Jo Price- Williams:  Technostamper 
Sue Root:  Stampin' With Sue2
Robbie Rubula: InkedX2 
Eileen LeFevre: Eileen's Stampin' Fever Blog 
Tanya Bell: Stamping T! 
Carolyn Bennett: Carolyn's Paper Fantasies 
Jonia Smith: Stampin for Me 
Mary Brown: Stamper Camper

Thanks for stopping by!  Happy Stamping!

Print Friendly and PDF

Follow my blog with Bloglovin




1 comment:

MJ said...

I have not even opened this paper yet! What an adorable card. Awesome job on the sketch this week, and every week! Thanks so much for being a part of the TSSC team. I really enjoy seeing your posts each week.