Saturday, May 30, 2015

Create with Connie and Mary Saturday Blog Hop: All About Vellum!

Welcome to another Create with Connie and Mary Saturday Bog Hop!!  All during May we are featuring different techniques and this week is all about vellum!





You should be arriving from Mary Brown's amazing blog Stamper Camper's Corner, wasn't her card wonderful??!!  If you are just starting out here, welcome and enjoy the ride!  Be sure to stop at each blog to check out all of the cool cards we have for you today.

I personally love vellum, can you guess why??  Let me show you my card, let's see if you were right.......



If you guessed SHAKER card then woo hoo for you!  Anyone who has visited my blog knows that shaker cards are my very favorite style and what is better than a shaker card that is easy to mail!!  That's where my friend VELLUM comes in.  It provides a great window for my shaker and makes it quick and easy to put together.



I saw this card in my head as soon as I got Sprinkles of Love in my hot little hands.  The Cherry on Top Designer Paper Stack is a perfect match with it's cute little donut paper.

Are you wondering if I spent hours fussy cutting all these little donuts...well the answer (thankfully!) is NO!  I found that the smallest circle from the Circle Framelits fits the little donuts to a T!



Since I didn't have to fussy cut, I loaded up my card with donuts in the shaker along with ...you guessed it.....SEQUINS!  The fun striped washi tape that enclosed the shaker is from the Cherry on Top Washi Designer Tape set....a perfect match of course to the designer paper.  Be sure to add FAST FUSE to the vellum to adhere it to the cardstock before adding the washi.  I have found that the washi tape alone is not enough and will come loose....trust me on this one!!!

Now it's time to hop on over to Debbie Henderson's beautiful blog Debbie's Designs to see what fabulous idea she's come up with this week!!


http://debbiesdesignsblog.blogspot.com/2015/05/ccmc-saturday-blog-hop_16.html


Thanks for hanging out with us again!  See you next time!






Print Friendly and PDF

Follow my blog with Bloglovin



4 comments:

libbystamps said...

Once again Nicole, a super duper card! I will have to try the vellum for a shaker, quite clever! Thanks for the great idea!

Beth Robinson said...

Love the shaker card....you make it look so easy to make. thanks for sharing

Jenny Engelke said...

Love this card!!! It couldn't get much cuter!

Carol Carriveau said...

But of course, you are THE Queen of fab shaker cards!