Saturday, June 20, 2015

Watercolor Wings for the Create with Connie and Mary Saturday Blog Hop

Welcome to another Create with Connie and Mary Saturday Bog Hop!!  All during June we are featuring different FUN FOLD CARDS and this week is the SINGLE STAIR STEP CARD!


You should be arriving from Mary Brown's amazing blog Stamper Camper's Corner, wasn't her card fabulous!!  If you are just starting out here, welcome and enjoy the ride!  Be sure to stop at each blog to check out all of the cool cards we have for you today.

Today's FUN FOLD card is new style for me and I have to say I LOVE IT!  It was so much easier than I thought and has a great WOW factor since it stands beautifully.

As I thought about what to do with the card, I first focused on how to embellish the outer panels.  I looked through my new stamps and the vine in from the Hostess set Floral Wings jumped out at me.  Perfect fit for the slender 1" panels!  From there the rest just came together like magic!

You need a gorgeous butterfly to go with the floral vines, so I looked to the AWESOME new WATERCOLOR WINGS for my focal point.  This butterfly is way too much fun to stamp and can be highly addictive.....just warning you now!  Once you get this stamp set (and you MUST!) you will become obsessed with stamping multitudes of colorful butterflies.  This particular butterfly was stamped with Wisteria Wonder and Elegant Eggplant.  The key is to stamp off once for the first layer so it's lighter.  I will put together more color combos to share later, there are so many possibilities!  I will also share how to make the butterfly 3D, I'm thinking a video may be in order....let me know if you'd like to see more!

I needed a birthday card so I went with Cottage Greetings.  I love the sentiments, they coordinate beautifully with the butterfly and worked out great for this card!

I hope you are ready to see more gorgeous cards!  Let's head over to Debbie Henderson's gorgeous blog Debbie's Design's to see her amazing card for today.  Don't forget to continue through all of the blogs, you won't want to miss a thing!

http://debbiesdesignsblog.blogspot.com/2015/06/ccmc-saturday-blog-hop_20.html

Thanks for hanging out with us again!  See you next time!




Print Friendly and PDF

Follow my blog with Bloglovin



5 comments:

Deborah Smart said...

I love the centre-step card, Nicole - it's one of my favourite 'fancy folds'. Your colour combination for the butterfly is beautiful; I agree, it's totally addictive to play with this set!

Cynthia said...

Yes! We would love some videos showing us how to get tons of different combinations of colorful butterflies! I really love butterflies!

Jan Clothier said...

Very beautiful! So whimsical and romantic.

Eileen said...

Love the card, waiting for my set to arrive and would love to see a video on various combinations and how to stamp this butterfly. Thanks for sharing!

Sylvia said...

Yes, please. A video on this card would be most appreciated!!