Thursday, July 31, 2014

Thanks!

Wow!  Thursday came around fast again this week!  My little guy had a blast on his birthday Tuesday and loved the Calling All Heroes card that I shared that day.  Today I have a card to share for the color challenge this week from Create with Connie and Mary.  Let's look at the colors first.



I love this combination, the bright colors with the grey, not something I use a lot.



One of the things I have been wanting to try is water coloring with the decorative masks.  So, I decided to make a simple and fun card with Basic Grey polka dots in the background.  I started with a Bermuda Bay card base and a layer of Basic Grey cardstock as a very thin matting for the watercolor paper.




The first element I added to the watercolor paper was the polka dots.  I used my aqua painter and Basic Grey ink pad with a decorative mask.  I varied the intensity of the color to give more of a watercolor feel.  Once the polka dots were in place, I used Tangelo Twist to add stars all over the paper.  I used the itty bitty star stamp from July's Paper Pumpkin kit.  I love the bold splash of color from the stars, just the balance the card needed!


Next element was the sentiment which came from the July Paper Pumpkin as well.  I stamped it in black to make it stand out more from the grey.

To add a little extra something, I put Bermuda Bay Baker's Twine under the sentiment and added a border around the paper with my Bermuda Bay Stampin' Write marker.


 I love the soft look of the card with the little bolder elements, a very fun card to put together!  Now it's your turn!  Pull out your stamps and paper and join the challenge with me.  You can find all the details plus more great samples at Create with Connie and Mary.



Thanks for stopping by!  Happy Stamping!






Print Friendly and PDF

Follow my blog with Bloglovin




7 comments:

Carol Carriveau said...

How cool Nicole....looking at the card, it reminds me of early storm clouds in the evening and stars twinkling!!! Great job and very creative!

Deb said...

What a great idea! Love that idea of making the background! Super clean and simple card!

Lisa Young said...

Such a great card! I love the polka dots and the subtle shading you did. The combination of the polka dots and tiny stars is darling!

Debbie Henderson said...

Cute way to complete a watercolored card. Love the circles!

Melissa Davies said...

Great wat to showcase the versatility of My Paper Pumpkin! LOVE the watercolor - you make it look so easy!

Connie Babbert said...

This is SO eye-catching! Love the CAS look! Great job with the color challenge this week!

Lisa Martz said...

Love it! Love how you did the polka dots! Just a great all around card for anyone! Love the bright stars and twine to add color.