Friday, September 19, 2014

Santa Stache

Well I must say that Friday came awful quick this week!!  Really, the whole month has been flying by way too fast for my tastes!  I have a card to share with you today, it features the super fun nutcracker from Santa Stache.  I chose it for today because my last card set for the Holiday Card "Create"tions Collection went live this morning.


If you aren't a subscriber yet, it's not too late!  You can go to Create with Connie and Mary for more details about subscribing.  Guess what....you will get to see ALL of the card sets now!!  Isn't that awesome!!  Since we are at the end, all the sets are up on the blog just waiting for you!! Ok, now on to the fun nutcracker I promised.



Isn't he handsome?!  I have had more fun coloring this guy than I can tell you!  The Blendabilities markers make it SO EASY!!



I decided to change things up and use Smokey Slate for his hair and mustache.  Up until now I had only used browns, but I think he looks good with gray.  For his hat and outfit, Cherry Cobbler and Daffodil Delight blended well with Smokey Slate.  The middle colors from all three of the Blendabilities worked well together.

Now, for the card base.




The Cherry Cobbler card base is embossed with my favorite Lucky Stars Embossing Folder (I know you're NOT surprised!).  The nutcracker is on a Hello Honey Apothecary Accents Framelit.  It looked pretty plain until I added stars using the Stars Decorative Mask.  It made all the difference and the card looked so much better.  To keep the sentiment from looking too plain, I did a strip of Trim the Tree Designer paper then the sentiment above.  Last element was a couple of stars from the In Color Sequins.  Each has a small rhinestone in the center.  I think they stand out better that way.



So, the question is, what do you think?  Is the nutcracker dapper in Smokey Slate??  I sure think so!  If you haven't thought much about this set yet, you should definitely give it a second look!  The stamps are PERFECT for coloring and so much fun to work with.


Thanks so much for visiting today!!  Happy stamping!







Print Friendly and PDF

Follow my blog with Bloglovin


No comments: