Saturday, November 8, 2014

Holiday Collection Week 4 Blog Hop!

Welcome to the final Blog Hop of the Create with Connie and Mary Holiday Collection!!  The last four weeks went by so fast, but I had such a great time!! Each Design Team member has made a card with the set they used in week four, and I know you will want to make your way around to see them all.  The projects for the collection have been out of this world, I'm sad it's over already!!  If you're not a subscriber, it's not too late to join in the fun.  You can find all the details on Create with Connie and Mary.
http://www.createwithconnieandmary.com/create-with-connie-and-mary/2014/11/week-4-saturday-blog-hop.html
 
You should be getting here from Melissa's blog, I love her cards, she is so creative!  My set for this week was Wintertime.  I almost made a shaker card, but I liked the look of the see through window by itself.

I love how this card turned out, and it was pretty simple to make!  I started with a Coastal Cabana card base that I die cut an oval out of.  I added a piece of window sheet cut in an oval one size up to make the window panel.  To cover up the window sheet and make the card front nice and neat, I cut a frame from two ovals and a piece of Motley Monsters Designer paper.

I also added a frame of designer paper to the inside of the card so it matches the front.  For the inside, I simply stamped "Happy Winter" with Coastal Cabana on Whisper White cardstock.

Once the main portion of the card was complete, I added embellishments.  The front of the card got Bermuda Bay snowflakes from a small stamp in Holiday Home.  I love that they looked like the white sparkles on the designer paper.  Lastly, I added in silver glimmer stars.  A couple of larger stars and a few smaller ones as well.  I even placed two stars on the window sheet so they lined up in between the swirls at the top and bottom of the sentiment.

I hope my card has given you the inspiration to make your own!  Now, it's time to check out Debbie's beautiful creation.  She always has amazing ideas to share!


http://www.debbiesdesignsblog.blogspot.com/
Thanks so much for hopping with us today!  Happy stamping!


Print Friendly and PDF

Follow my blog with Bloglovin



No comments: