Saturday, January 31, 2015

Spring Collection 2015 Week 2 Blog Hop!

It's hard to believe, but we are at the end of the second week of the Spring Collection 2015 from Create with Connie and Mary.  As with each week, we do a blog hop on Saturday to showcase the set we used for our project.  If you started at the beginning, you should be arriving from Melissa's blog.  I loved her project for this week!  She is just too clever!

http://www.createwithconnieandmary.com/

My project for this week featured From the Garden and Handpicked Framelits on page 20 of the Occasions Catalog.  This set can easily be over looked, but I saw potential as I love to garden!  I had so much fun making my Create project and love the way it turned out!  I had just as much fun creating cards to share with you today.  In fact, I made THREE cards, each one is just a little different.

 All of the cards are on a Whisper White card base with flowers from Painted Petals stamped in Marina Mist.

For the first card, I added a tag with the sentiment on a banner. 
Under the tag is a couple of banners, So Saffron and Typeset Designer Series Paper.  I added a staple to the end of the banners and a couple of pearls to the sentiment.

Card 2 has a slightly different set up.  The background stamping is the same, but now the sentiment and banners have changed.  I added a small piece of doily, Natural Chevron Ribbon, and a banner from Typeset Designer Paper.  Over that I used the oval garden pick framelit to create a Pear Pizzaz base for my sentiment.

I cut a banner with my paper snips for the sentiment and added it to the pick with a small piece of dimensional.  A sweet bow and pearl are the finishing touches to the card.

And lastly is card 3.  This time I used the largest garden pick framelit and layered it over washi tape and Typeset Designer Paper.  The sentiment is cut with the small banner from Bitty Banner framelits and added with a piece of dimensional.

I kept the sentiment simple then finished off the card with a few small pearls scattered about.

I hope these cards will get you to take a second look at From the Garden and the Handpicked Framelits!  I had so much fun making these cards and my Create project.  Now it's time to move on to Debbie Henderson's blog, she had such a fun project for Create this week, I can't wait to see what she will be sharing with us today!

http://debbiesdesignsblog.blogspot.com/2015/01/create-with-connie-mary-spring.html

Thanks so much for hopping with us today!!  For those of you that have not subscribed to the Spring Collection 2015 yet, it's not too late!!   You can still join and enjoy the fabulous tutorials.  For more information, visit Create with Connie and Mary.

Have a great day!  Happy Stamping!

Print Friendly and PDF

Follow my blog with Bloglovin





3 comments:

Jenny Engelke said...

What a pretty collection of cards!

Rachel Palmieri said...

I'm so glad you used this stamp set, and made such pretty cards. I bought the stamps because I'm a gardener, but hadn't found the inspiration to get them inky yet. I think I can now - thanks!

Josee Smuck said...

I love what you did with these cards! I do a weekly round up of amazing cards and I'd love to share this on my blog for 'My Crafty Friends Monday' next week! Please let me know if you would prefer that I didn't share it (of course I give you credit and link back to your blog!).
Inky Hugs!