Monday, February 26, 2018

Beautiful Sunset with Waterfront

I have found a new obsession....the amazing Waterfront stamp set.  I did lots of looking through Pinterest to see ideas before I gave this set a try.  I was a little intimidated since the set is so abstract.  But let me tell you, I just can't stop now that I've started stamping!  And yes, I have made some horrible looking things and pitched them, but I've also done some beautiful ones as well.



This one started out with the Ohio sunset as inspiration.  At night lately I've been noticing the sky has tones of lavender and pink right before the sun goes down.  So I looked to my Stampin' Up! colors and pulled out Wisteria Wonder, Fresh Fig and Powder Pink to try to re-create what I've seen.



The left side is a layered with my pinks and purples moving in on the blue sky on the right done in Pool Party.  I took an aqua painter to soften the lines and mellow things out.  Then added the sunset in Pumpkin Pie and the hills in Smokey Slate.

I went through my stamps to look for the right sentiment.  I wanted this card to be useful for anything, so I pulled "dream without limits, love without fear" from Picture Perfect.



I couldn't stop there and leave the inside blank.  So I added soft hills in Smokey Slate and a few Pool Party clouds with a Peekaboo Peach sunset.



With all the ideas out there for Waterfront, I hope you enjoyed my Ohio sunset!  We do have the most beautiful evening skies and now that I am newly obsessed with this set, I will be paying more attention.  You may be seeing more variations of this in the future!


CLICK HERE to SHOP anytime and earn FREE STAMPS


SHOP the CLEARANCE RACK and WEEKLY DEALS


CLICK HERE to shop TUTORIALS FOR SALE


Subscribe to My Paper Pumpkin

No comments: