Sunday, January 13, 2019

Be Your Own Kind of Beautiful

I've been using the new FLOWERING DESERT stamp set from Stampin' Up! all weekend.  It's a bit of an escape from the 9 inches of snow we have gotten in just a little over 24 hours.  I love the refreshing sight of green instead of nothing but white!



I wanted the main cactus to "pop" so I did a very subtle background of Soft Sea Foam cactus in the background. Stamping off once gave the exact look I was going for.  You can see them, but very lightly.



The focal point cactus is stamped in Granny Apple Green on a layering of a die cut stitched square and Granny Apple Green card stock.  To make the sentiment stand out, I embossed white on black and layered it over top of the focal point.



Quick and easy card to bring warmth to a cold day!  I love bringing a bit of the desert to Ohio in the middle of winter.


CLICK HERE to SHOP anytime and earn FREE STAMPS


SHOP the CLEARANCE RACK and WEEKLY DEALS


CLICK HERE to shop TUTORIALS FOR SALE


Subscribe to My Paper Pumpkin

No comments: