Saturday, June 6, 2015

Create with Connie and Mary Blog Hop: Pop Out Swing Fold

Welcome to another Create with Connie and Mary Saturday Bog Hop!!  All during June we are featuring different FUN FOLD CARDS and this week is the POP OUT SWING CARD!


You should be arriving from Mary Brown's amazing blog Stamper Camper's Corner, wasn't her card wonderful??!!  If you are just starting out here, welcome and enjoy the ride!  Be sure to stop at each blog to check out all of the cool cards we have for you today.

I was so excited about today's card, I have been wanting to try this type of fun fold for awhile now.  It took me a little bit to figure out what I wanted to do, but I think you'll like the end result.

 I combined my obsession with shaker cards and this fun fold style to create a fabulous birthday card anyone would love!

This fun fold is so easy to create!!!  It really takes no time at all, just a couple of extras steps with a regular size card front.  I went with the fun new set You're So Sweet on page 57 of the new Annual Catalog.  It coordinates with the Mini Treat Bag Thinlet, but you can do lots more with it!

I started out with the sentiment stamped with Watermelon Wonder on Whisper White.  The Square Framelits were used to create the opening and the cut the cardstock for the shaker.  I used the third and fourth framelits from the outside.  I'm not going to go into great detail right now, but if you like this card and want to know more , leave a comment and I will consider doing a video if enough people are interested!  UPDATE:  There have been soooo many wonderful comments and I super appreciate it!! I love to hear what you think so stay tuned for the video you have asked for!!!  Click HERE to go to the TUTORIAL!!!

My shaker contains gold sequins, Crushed Curry stars with the Confetti Star Punch, and Watermelon Wonder cherries punched with the Cupcake Builder Punch.

When you pull the shaker, more magic happens and the card pops open!  I added a birthday greeting from Age Awareness plus a sweet little cupcake with the Cupcake Builder Punch.  The Cherry on Top Designer paper provided the fun candy pattern paper that I paired with Crushed Curry.

As always I made the envelope coordinate with the card with a cute little punched cupcake in the lower left corner.....always have to match!!! 

I hope you enjoyed my shaker style pop out swing card!  Now it's time to hop on over to Debbie Henderson's beautiful blog Debbie's Designs to see what fabulous idea she's come up with this week!!


http://debbiesdesignsblog.blogspot.com/2015/05/ccmc-saturday-blog-hop_16.html

Thanks for hanging out with us again!  See you next time!





Print Friendly and PDF

Follow my blog with Bloglovin


29 comments:

Unknown said...

Love this card! I'd love to see a video

Anonymous said...

Love this version of the card and would love to see a video!!! Thanks for sharing!

Karen Kurz said...

This is a gorgeous card and would love a tutorial or video for it. It certainly doesn't look easy! Thanks so much for sharing.

Unknown said...

Awesome card!!!

Anonymous said...

Would love to see a video! Too cute!!

Heather A said...

Awesome card! Would love to see the instructions. TFS.

JoAnn Porter said...

Really a cute card. The colors are great and the idea of combing the fun fold and shaker card styles together was so clever. I hope you decide to do a video as it was a wonderful card.

Pam Murray said...

Nicole, thank you for sharing your work with us. I love the way you explain the details and the sources of the materials you use. This card is so fun, from the colors and confetti to the pop-up element. Please consider making a tutorial so that the rest of us can make this happy card.

Anonymous said...

Love how this card is so different then your average birthday card....would love to see how it was created....thanks for sharing

Anonymous said...

Hi! I'm curious about this cute card. Does the left hand side of the white (inside) panel attach to the card base or does it "swing free"? I see that the front image panel is attached to the inside panel, but I'm not sure about the rest.

Cindee Wilkinson said...

Great card Nicole! Can't wait to see your video. I'm sure my stamp club gals would love to do this card.

Cheryl S said...

Please make a video and show how this great card was made. I love the way you combined both types of cards together. I need step by step instructions before I can CASE the card.

ruthi said...

me too, would love to see a video....it's a great card.

Deeps said...

I would love to see a video of this card as I love shaker cards and fun fold cards.

Debbi said...

So cute! would love to see a video, please!

Mom-Mom Gail said...

Would love to see that video!

Cynthia Ferenz said...

Great card. TFS!

Unknown said...

Great card, would love to see a video..

Unknown said...

Love the card, would love to see a video..

paper bag create said...

OMG...love it. Love love the shaker WOW factor!! :)

Anonymous said...

Love your card and would LOVE to see a video.
Thanks for sharing

Anonymous said...

Absolutely terrific card and I would love to see a video of it.

Sylvia M said...

Please, please do a video on this card!!

Anonymous said...

Super card. Your attention to detail is wonderful. (Punched cherries in the shaker?! Brilliant) I agree with everyone else: please share a video or tutorial. Your skills far surpass mine!!

Unknown said...

Love this shaker folded card! I would love to see a video not only showing how to make the fold but the shaker as well! Thank you

Anonymous said...

Please do a video!

Jenny Engelke said...

A-maz-ing, Nicole!!!!

Sandy Jones said...

What a great card! My gals would love this so I'd love to see a video!

Carol Carriveau said...

You are an amazing card designer....FABULOUS!!!!